There are many similarities between professional sports, such as golf, and financial planning. First, it is not about always hitting great shots, it’s about minimizing bad shots. This requires consistency and emotional control, because the game of golf, like investing is all about risk management. Whether you are trying to join the tour, or setting your portfolio’s risk tolerance you must take stock of the appropriate amount of risk you’re able to assume before you make decisions.
Alloy Silverstein Financial Services works with dozens of nationally and internationally-based golfers on the PGA tour to offer comprehensive tax planning and wealth management services. Our process starts with learning about your targets, identifying your water hazards in life, and like in golf, we engage in a “game of discovery” to learn about what you can and cannot do. Ultimately, it’s about getting the best from what you have available, rather than risking everything to win.
Our professional athlete services include:
- Working with CPAs to address specific tax issues faced by athletes
- International and foreign tax concerns
Income and asset protection
- Planning after large sum winnings
- Wealth accumulation
- Unique risk management to athletes
Budgeting and personal finance
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Emergency fund
- Education to avoid bankruptcy
- Contract review services for agents, sponsorships, etc.
- Business vs. individual entity tax considerations
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- After tax return of investments
- Education about investing decisions
No matter what service fits your need, we are always available to discuss your goals and plan. We use video conferencing to be there for you – even if you’re traveling the world.
To learn more about our professional athlete services, please contact our team at 856-667-6228.